October 10, 2016

Why The First TØP Album Is My Favorite


I’m sure most of you have heard of twenty one pilots what with their hits that come on the radio too much. However, most of you have only heard those three songs, while I have listened to their entire discography. Personally, their first self-titled album is my favorite.

First off, it’s incredibly sad, which I guess can be quite relatable to a lot of  people in this school. With themes such as anxiety, death, depression, and hopelessness, it gives off those vibes that just draw you to it. These subjects show up in all four of their albums, but it is the most present in their 2009 album.

Secondly, the lyrics are beautifully metaphorical. Whether you can read between the lines and understand them or not, they baffle you. The complex lyrics make you really think about them and how they relate to you. They are never straightforward so the songs meanings are always up for interpretation. I believe that’s why so many people have taken comfort in their lyrics, and why so many people like twenty one pilots, especially the first album.

All in all, I just really love this album. I really love this band actually. If you haven’t already, you should definitely listen to twenty one pilots.




No comments:

Post a Comment