October 24, 2016

Tyler Mitchell The Unhealthy Health teacher.


Tyler Mitchell is a new health and weight training teacher here at Mac Hi.  Surprisingly, he doesn’t like very many healthy foods such as berries.  ”I love desserts!” he said.

When he was a high schooler in the Portland area he was the class clown, because  he “loved to make people laugh”. After high school he went to Portland Community College and did his student teaching in Sherwood, OR.  He had his first real teaching job at his alma mater, Portland Community College.

He said “Teaching Mac Hi students is different than the college students I taught before.”

This is his first year teaching in a public high school, he said “my favorite thing about teaching is watching my students grow and persevere.”  He also loves to have positive relationships with his students.

Mr. Mitchell lives in College place, WA  with his wife and dog.
He said “My autistic brother is my biggest inspiration.
My brother is the reason I get out of bed in the morning.”
On the weekends he enjoys watching movies and spending time with his wife and dog.  He loves to coach basketball.  You could say that is one of his hobbies alongside working out and other sports.


Even though a lot of Mac Hi students will miss Mrs. Lieuallen, we are happy to have Mr Mitchell in her place.

No comments:

Post a Comment